Here are just a few examples that come to mind at the moment, but they are by far not the only occasions.
- Jenn - We went to San Antonio for Spring Break a couple years ago. We were shopping in Forever 21. I was carrying around the clothes she wanted to try on because I was so absorbed in the sparkles in the floor that I couldn't look at anything else. She almost didn't get me out of the store.
- Kathryn - Did the same thing in Forever 21 here with Kathryn while she was looking for sunglasses over the summer!
- Kelly - I went to her church to see her Christmas Play and was asked by an old woman if I was ok because I was staring at the ceiling. Again, I was looking at the sparkles. (In my defense...who puts sparkles on a ceiling anyway?? Come on!!)
- Christmas - Every year, me with Christmas lights turns into a problem. I'm never allowed to drive at night during the Christmas season. Still not sure why...
- Work - My first year as a school nurse I worked in an Elementary School. At Christmas time they gave me the Christmas tree for the clinic. It was a little fiber optic tree that fit on the corner of my desk. I got totally absorbed in watching the ends of the fibers change colors and didn't realize that I had a long line of students waiting to see me. They were lined up in the hallway in front of the principal's office. She asked what I was doing and I told her I was looking at how beautiful the colorful lights were on my tree. After I came out of my daze and took care of the children, she made me put away my Christmas tree and hid it from me the following year.
- Currently I have an app on my phone called "Little Uzu" that is feeding this obsession. I think it is responsible for draining my battery daily and for all the smudge marks on my phone, but TOTALLY worth all the wasted hours I spend using it. It's the BEST $0.99 I've ever spent!! Thank you to the geniuses that invented this for someone just like me!!
I know EXACTLY where this obsession started...
When my brother and I were younger my parents took us to a lot of Monster Truck shows. My brother LOVED them. I did too, not for the same reasons he did though. The trucks would jump the cars and it was such a cool thing to see. When the truck would jump, all these sparkles would happen. I thought the higher the truck jumped, the more sparkles that came. That's usually what happened. I thought it was just a magical thing that happened. That's why I loved going to the Monster Truck Rally's so much. I loved to see the "magic" happen when the trucks jumped high. The sparkles of magic when a truck jumped high had me mesmerized!! It was not until sometime within the past 5 years that I realized that these "magical sparkles" were actually the flashes of cameras. Talk about disappointing!! It didn't change how I view things though. I'm still mesmerized with sparkles...have been ever since I was a little girl watching these trucks!!
If you have had a funny experience with me and sparkles, leave a comment letting everyone know how crazy I can be!! :)

1 comment:
I have one, what about the time me, you, Justin, Carl & Jenn were at Garden Ridge on the isle with all the glittery garland, in all the colors of the rainbow & the store lights were just intensifying the sparkles....you really wanted to stay on the isle, but we had to move on :o) & finish shopping. I'm sure there's been many more times but that one I remember very well. Love you!!
Post a Comment