My Mollie has a thing for tennis balls. If you are holding a new one, she gets a crazed look in her eyes and begins panting. She absolutely LOVES chasing them around the house...even if that means her pushing it around by herself playing. Hooch likes to play with them too, but he's not near as obsessive as Mollie is with them. Many a tennis ball is lost under our bed. I really need to get the broom to get them all out, but some how they will find their way back there or under the couch in no time.
Last night Mollie was playing in our bedroom while I was getting ready for bed. She started barking and I peeked in there to see what she was barking at. She was looking under the bed, tail wagging, barking because she had lost the ball she was playing with. I went about finishing getting ready for bed (I just had to brush my teeth). She got quiet for a little bit, then a strained bark came out. I looked back in the bedroom to make sure she was ok and didn't see her. I kept hearing the strange bark, but did not see her. I followed the sound to see what she was doing and found her under the bed...stuck. She had crawled under to get her ball (can we say impatient?), turned around to come out, and got stuck. I lifted up one leg of the bed and she ran out from under the bed with the ball in her mouth, growling and playing like nothing had happened. At least I can say that my dogs keep life interesting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment