Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Week....

Since I haven't been on to post anything in a week, I will share 2 stories that have happened this past week. It's been a crazy one, to say the least!! :)



Pants

I'm not sure what got into one of our special needs students at school this week. Monday and Tuesday he seemed to be a terror. He takes medicine at school so I see him daily and I have never seen him act the way he has been acting this week (although I have heard the stories). Monday his teacher called me on the phone and asked if I could bring the medicine down to the room because she was short staffed and he was acting up. In the middle of us talking, we were disconnected. I figured that wasn't a good thing so I asked Cheryl, the clinic assistant, to come along. We got in the room and the teacher yelled his name and told him to come out. We looked all around the room and didn't see him. She went over to her desk and pulled him out from under it. (It's at this point we realize the student is the one that was probably responsible for the phone being disconnected.) I went over to him to give him his pill and he refused to take it. I had 2 cups in my hands. 1 with water, the other with the pill. He saw the walkie talkie clipped to the pocket of my pants and yells, "Radio" and grabs it. The teacher and Cheryl are trying to pry it out of his hands, I'm trying to maneuver around and not spill the water, while the student is pulling the walkie talkie to the ground with him...and it is still attached to my pants. They are both yelling at him to let it go. Finally he does let it go and we get the medicine into him. As we're leaving the room, a principal comes over the radio and asks if anyone needs any assistance with the student we were with. We realize the student had the button pushed the whole time he had a grip on the walkie talkie so everyone in the building heard the scuffle between the 4 of us. As if this isn't bad enough.....

On Tuesday I was by myself in the clinic. It got to be time for this student to take his medicine and he hadn't been to the clinic so I decided to take it down to the room again...I was headed that direction anyway. I went in thinking I was prepared this time. He was sitting in a desk in the corner of the room so I made my way over to him. As I got over to his area, I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. I turned to look at who it was (my 1st mistake). It was a boy coming over to tell me hello. As I was turning back toward the student that I was there to give medicine to, he grabs the antenna of my walkie talkie that is this time attached to the waist band of my pants (my 2nd mistake) and he pulls on it. As he pulls, my pants come down with it. My entire butt came out of my pants. LUCKILY my backside was facing the corner he was sitting in and he was the only one that saw it. LUCKILY he was acting so bad he didn't think it was funny and didn't say anything about it. And LUCKILY I had clean underwear to wear that day!!!



For those of you wondering...Wednesday, I put the walkie talkie inside my pants and covered the entire thing with my shirt. He never even saw it. It hasn't been an issue for the rest of the week.





Bug

Justin and I went to the Ranger game with my best friend and her husband last night. On our way in, we stopped in the gift shop to look around. We were looking at the wall of hats and Justin pointed out a hat with a bug on it. I'm not sure what kind of bug it was. It looked like a dragonfly, but was bigger and not colorful. It looked like one of those plastic ones you can hide and scare people. We thought it was really funny and I asked if it was real. Justin and Jordan both said no. One of them hit the hat and the bug didn't move. I got up close to see how they had attached it to the hat because you couldn't see anywhere where it was attached. As I was getting closer I started thinking of how real it looked. Jordan hit the hat again and the bug came flying straight toward my face!!! The timing was wonderful...as always. Right when a big group of people rounded the corner. I screamed and started running away. Completely making a fool of myself over a stupid harmless bug. Typical of my life...

No comments: