Monday, October 18, 2010

I've been too busy!!!

It's been a while since I have been able to blog. I've been busy with work and family. At least I've been productive. :) I have been accumulating some funny happenings for you. I'll write a few below since it's been a while. Here are some things that have happened since you last read. :)



Eyelashes



I had a student come into the clinic last week and told me his eye hurt. He said it had been hurting for a couple days. I had him take his glasses off and his eyelids were a little swollen. I looked closer at his eye...he was pointing to the left one. I realized he didn't have any eyelashes on the top lid. On closer inspection, he didn't have any eyelashes on the top lid of either eye. Lashes were present on the bottom of both eyes. I asked him what happened to his eyelashes and he said, "My momma plucked them all out because she thought I had an ingrown hair." Seriously, no joke!!! I asked him if it hurt, he said, "Yes Ma'am." I couldn't believe it!!! He was serious as could be!!! Needless to say, his mom did not find any ingrown eyelashes after plucking. Ouch!!





Nostrils



2 weeks ago a student came in telling me his nostrils hurt. I walked up to him and started to look up his nose. He jumped back and said, "Miss, what are you doing?!?!?!" I said, "I'm looking at your nostrils because you said they hurt." He was holding his hands up to his neck under the jaw line. He said, "I'm talking about these nostrils." And he points to his lymph nodes. We had an anatomy lesson right there. I have absolutely NO clue how you get to 10th grade and don't know where your nostrils are...





Shot Clinic



After school one day we held a shot clinic for the community. Flu shots were administered by the health department. My assistant and I sat outside the room and passed out the forms that were to be filled out for those getting a shot. We coded the forms as to how much the person needed to pay and told each person to fill out the form from their age to the signature line. A large lady came up to my assistant and my assistant ended up having a slip of the tongue. She said, "Fill out the from from your age to your weight." I didn't catch it when she said it, but she started giggling after the woman walked away. We laughed about it all night. She said she didn't even look at the woman as being large...it was just a coincidence that it came out on that particular person!



Running Away



There is a particular student (many actually, but this is about only 1 of them) that gets on my nerves. I won't go into details on here of why she drives me crazy, but she's one to avoid if possible. My assistant and I were walking down the hall one day going back to the clinic. We passed a connecting hallway and caught the eye of this student in the connecting hallway. In a split second she started running to us, and the next spilt second we found ourselves running down the hall and up the stairs to the 2nd floor...away from her. Once we got to the top, we were both laughing and it hit us at how immature and stupid we can be sometimes. I told her, "What if they pull the video from the cameras for something? They'll see us running down the hall away from someone. I will have to go to my boss's office and explain that I was running away from a student!!" We laughed about it for the next couple hours. And yes....the student did come in at some point that day for a "stomach ache" since she had seen me in the hallway.



Tooth



We have some boys that help out the cheerleaders at football games. They are not cheerleaders...they are more there to do stunts with them, they run up and down the field with flags when the team scores, they do stupid tricks...they're there for entertainment. They were practicing one afternoon and 2 boys were passing off a cheerleader. They ran into each other and one boy's tooth went through the others lip. He ended up getting 6 stitches--4 on the outside and 2 on the inside. It was crazy because his lip had the exact imprint of the other boy's tooth!!



So there's my crazy couple weeks...what I can remember right now anyway. I'm sure more will come to me and I'll pass those along in the days and weeks to come!! :)

No comments: