Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love My Job!!

There is always the unexpected in my line of work. I've learned that something will come along to top the craziest things I've seen. In the school setting, I've learned to be prepared for anything and to always expect the unexpected. Today was no exception. I'm not going to go into the whole dialog that I had with this particular student, although it was pretty funny and had us both laughing by the end.



I had a student come in and say, "My mole is growing over my necklace." I was taken aback for a second and asked the student to repeat what was wrong to make sure I heard right. The student said the same sentence again. In my head I'm thinking when I look at this mole, it's going to be completely grown over the necklace...pretty much a mole with a necklace chain running through the middle of it. I looked at it and it turns out that a hair that was growing out of a mole on the students neck got twisted and tangled up in the chain of the necklace. I had to contemplate for a minute what I was going to do to fix it. I told the student that the only thing I knew to do was to cut the hair to separate the mole from the necklace chain. The student was upset at first that I had to cut the 2 inch mole hair, but there really was no other option. I never cease to be amazed...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this just makes me sick to my stomach . . . I knew this post was going to be about this incident and I read it anyway. I don't know what I was thinking!