Friday, August 2, 2013

Tuesday 7/30

Tuesday morning I had a doctor appointment, so my Dad went with me to watch Alyson. I was there all of 5 minutes, so my Dad decided to just spend the day with us. I had to go pick up some stuff at Babies R Us in Allen, so we went ahead and headed out there.

We got there even before Babies R Us opened, so we stopped in at Cabela's for the air conditioning and to look around. I was shocked at the animal displays they had! Bass Pro Shop has animals around, but Cabela's had animals eating each other EVERYWHERE!! I know that's part of life...but it was kind of scary for the kids!!

Alyson LOVED watching the fish!! I shared the video on yesterday's post. She also thought all the deer were dogs. Haha!! I'll have to video what she does when you talk about puppies!

For lunch I took my Dad to a pizza place Justin and I LOVE!! It's called 5th Street Pizza and it's inside Stacy's Furniture in Allen. I told my Dad going in not to judge from the outside. We got the Meat Lovers St. Louis style pizza. It was REALLY good. Justin gave me a hard time that night after he found out we went without him!!

So, here is the main reason we drove all the way to Allen for Babies R Us!! My SIL sent me a message on Twitter with information on a sale Babies R Us was having. They are doing their 10 for $15 on selected Gerber foods. Alyson loves the puffs and those are around $2-$2.50 a container. I went online and was able to buy the 3 pack of them on the 10 for $15 deal. (I found out later that it was only supposed to be for the single containers!) While I was getting such a good deal, I went ahead and got her some other snacks called lil' crunchies. I ended up getting each of the 60 containers for $0.50 each!! I paid $30 for $130 worth of food. The only store around that had enough in stock for me to go pick it up at the store (to save on shipping) was the Allen location. I think it was worth the trip out there!! :)


No comments: